Every piece of UKIYO jewellery has been handmade by traditional craftsmen and women. Therefore no two pieces are the same and some imperfections may naturally exist. Nothing is mass made, so every piece is unique.
All our silver jewellery is made out of solid sterling silver and have the sterling silver stamp hidden discreetly somewhere on the item (if possible). They are not silver plated, so will become more valuable over time.
Because our jewellery is silver, it will tarnish over time. This is because 925 silver oxidises when it is exposed to air. If you care for your silver, it's appearance will improve over time and, most importantly, last forever.
Here are our tips for keeping your silver looking beautiful:
- Clean your silver jewellery with mild soap and water and dry with a soft, plush cloth. For more stubborn dirt, you can use a cleaner designed for silver, or a silver cloth.
- Try to store your silver in a cool, dry, dark place to avoid tarnishing. You can also wrap it in a soft cloth.
- Store pieces individually so that they don’t scratch.
- Do not rub silver with anything other than a polishing cloth to avoid scratches.
- Wear it often, and with love. The more you wear your silver jewellery the better it will look!
Gold Plated Jewellery
Our our gold plated jewellery is hand made from brass and plated with gold. While our craftsmen use techniques to help the plating last longer, here are some techniques to help your gold plated jewellery keep its lustre for longer:
- Avoid contact with chemicals and perfumes.
- Remove your jewellery before exercise or swimming as sweat and chlorine can tarnish the gold plating.
- Use warm water and a mild soap for cleaning or buff it very lightly.
- Store your gold plated jewellery carefully to avoid any scratching.
- Remember you can always re-plate it.